timeout__LONG_TERM value can't be changed

• Hi,

We are trying to adjust the LONG_TERM timeout of the DefaultDeviceReconnectFilter. We are instantiating it with:

private final DeviceReconnectFilter defaultDeviceReconnectFilter = new DefaultDeviceReconnectFilter(Interval.ONE_SEC, Interval.secs(3), Interval.FIVE_SECS, Interval.secs(30));

And pass it to the BleManager:

bleManager.setListener_DeviceReconnect(defaultDeviceReconnectFilter);

This does not seem to have any effect. It still takes 5 minutes for SweetBlue to transition out of the LONG_TERM_RECONNECTING state, and breakpoints within onConnectionLost don't seem to get triggered, either.

What are we missing?

• It's possible this is a bug. Try setting the filter in the config for now:

BleManagerConfig config = new BleManagerConfig();
    config.reconnectFilter = new DefaultDeviceReconnectFilter(...);
    BleManager manager = BleManager.get(context, config);

We'll look into this more when we get back from the holiday break.

• @ryanbis Thank you this works for now.
    Hope you had a nice holiday!

Have you found a fix to this problem yet?

Cheers,

Gunnar

• Sorry, we haven't had time to look at it yet. I plan to have it fixed for the next release though. I'll do my best to get some time on it this week.

• I found the bug with this. The library simply wasn't checking the correct reconnect filters when checking for the timeout values. There are 4 different spots where the reconnectfilter can be set. Below is the priority of them:

BleDevice.setListener_Reconnect()
    BleManager.setListener_DeviceReconnect()
    BleDeviceConfig instance on the device
    BleManagerConfig

First non-null instance wins. This will make it's way into the 3.0.3 release, which I'm trying to get out in the next 2 weeks (hopefully sooner).

• @ryanbis Awesome! We look forward to the release.

Cheers,

Gunnar